Happy late Independence Day! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had a really nice one ourselves. Beau spent the morning doing some work for this guy that he will be working with on a regular basis (#@%$ the need for a second job!). We then spent the afternoon/evening at a 40th birthday party for his EO (basically, his boss at the station here). They have a beautiful home with an amazing backyard! The girls had a blast in the above-ground pool, they stayed in there most of the time we were there. We ate hot dogs and then they had a shrimp/clam boil. For those of you that don't know what that is, you boil shrimp or clams with corn, potatoes, mushrooms, sweet potatoes, spices and then dump it all out on a table lined with heavy paper and go to town.....so yummy! We had S'mores....yummm, my favorite. And then I spent the rest of the night trying to calm the nerves of my scaredy cat children who are insanely afraid of fireworks. I made a new friend (another Coastie wife) and just had an overall wonderful day. I do have pictures, but we're in the process of getting a new camera so once again you'll have to wait.
Saturday we spent the day with my good friend Brenda who will be moving to Arizona tomorrow! :( So sad! Her daughter Morgan and Olivia are pretty good friends. Her husband is a Marine, and they moved here last year about the same time we did with the anticipation of 6 months of training. Well, 6 months has now turned into like 10 and I know she is happy to be able to get a little more settled. We are for sure going to miss you guys!
We have had 2 nights of crazy thunderstorms and we're looking at a week of the same. I LOVE a good thunderstorm even if it wakes me up in the middle of the night. I wish it would happen during the day though, because it gives you an excuse to hang out at the house and do nothing. I love the rain especially, blowing against the windows I know it sounds strange, but it actually makes me happy.
1 comment:
I love rain, too! That was one of the things that bugged about Utah -- hardly any rain!
Post a Comment