Monday, November 22, 2010

Thankful

Something most of you might not know about me is that I like to break the rules. Okay not so much break the rules, rather go against the norm. Not to the extreme, I mean I don't wear black lipstick or dress with silver studs or dog collars, but I don't like to do what everyone else is doing. If there is a popular anything out there I just can't wear it, listen to it, say it, do it. I know is silly, but hey I've never claimed to be anything but! Anyway, I'll get to the point. I normally refuse to publicly write a 'Thankful' note around Thanksgiving, because that's what everyone does. But I've been feeling an overwhelming feeling of Thankfulness lately. So here goes.

I'm grateful for my beautiful children ALL 4 OF THEM! Wow! I can't believe I have 4 children, when people say it, it takes me aback. But yes I have 4 children and they are wonderful! They are beautiful and happy. And they are healthy! I am one lucky momma. As I've gotten older I realize more and more how much tragedy exist in this world. Whether it be through illness, death, accidents, etc. So much sadness exist and I am ever so grateful that to this point in my life as a mom I have not had to experience such things. God has given me such a blessing with my children.
I am grateful for my Faith. My religion is and has always been something that has made me who I am. It has helped me through so many things in my life. It guides me daily, I don't know where I would be without my Faith or without God in my life.
I am grateful for the country that I live in. I know that there are alot of things wrong with this country, but I truly believe that there are more good things than bad. I truly would not want to live or raise my children in any other place (really I would love to live in another country for a short time, but not to continually raise my children). We have so many freedoms and privileges. I am not ashamed of being American. I am grateful for all blessing that we have from living here. I am thankful for all of those that protect this country of ours. They do it willingly and freely. Knowing full well, what the stakes are.
I am grateful for all of the material things in my life. We have 2 cars that work. We own our own home (for a short while longer). My husband has a job that pays us twice a month. My children have clothes and shoes and toys. We have beds to sleep in, warm water to bath in and cold water to drink. We have hot air to keep us warm in the winter and cold air to keep us cool in the summer. We have an abundance of food and my children have never known what it's like to be hungry (well they may think they have, but that's because they are hungry alllllll day long!). We have things, I know are just things and they don't matter, but we have them and I am grateful for them.
I am grateful that I am a Stay at Home Mom. Many of you know that I never wanted to be a SAHM. I never anticipated that this would be my career. But you know what? I am so grateful that I am able to stay home with my kids. I don't always have great days. There are plenty of days where I am frustrated and not in a great mood. But I do know how lucky I am to be in a position where I can stay at home. I know a lot of moms would love to be in the position that I am in and I am grateful that things have just worked out for us this way. I'm grateful I am the one that gets to raise my children and to help out in there classrooms. I love being able to send them off on the school bus in the morning and be there when they get off in the afternoon.
I saved the best for last. I am grateful for my Love. My Best Friend. My Beau! Yes here is the sappy part. I love my husband and I am so grateful that we found our way into each others life. It wasn't any easy beginning. The world was working against us, but we knew we were meant for each other. He is such a wonderful daddy! He has tea parties and does somersaults with the girls. He gets up early with the kids everyday and lets me sleep in. He changes diapers and wipes bums. He plays games with them and teaches them how to ride their bikes. He laughs with them and teases them. He teaches them and is patient with them. They love him!
He is an amazing husband! He makes me laugh. He does the dishes and the laundry. I love him! I can not explain to you all how much he means to me. How much love that I have for him. I know I am a lucky girl. Beau and I have bond that I know I couldn't have with anyone else. We have a love that we could never have for anyone else. We have a marriage that we could never have with anyone else. We are truly made for each other. And I will leave that at that. I know you all have an amazing love story so I know you know what I feel for my husband because you feel it for your spouse.
So there is my eternally long Thankful list. There are more, but for know this is what I feel the most strong about. I know that at any second my life an change and I didn't want this to go unsaid, I am one lucky and blessed lady!

No comments: