Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails.....

....that's what little BOY'S are made of!!! So, most of you probably have already heard our fantastic news, mostly because we couldn't keep it to ourselves for very long. We are so excited to be having a little boy! Not that we wouldn't have been happy with another girl, but adding a boy to our family just is so exciting! A lot of people keep mentioning how exciting this must be for Beau to finally have a son, but I don't think many people understand how long I've waited to have a boy! I love my girls, very much. I love having girls more then I ever thought I would, but I have always wanted a boy, I've always wanted mostly boys, so for me this is just as exciting as it is, if not more then Beau.

My test for Down Syndrome came up positive so we will be going for more Genetic Testing in a few weeks. This does not mean that our baby will for sure have Down Syndrome what it means is that my risk for Downs has increased from 1 in 526 to 1 in 30. While that seems like a hug increased risk (and really it is) we are also aware that there is a big chance we just got a 'false positive' test result. The only way to actually know if our baby will have Down Syndrome is to have an Amniocentesis which we have opted not to have done for the added risks this test can have on the baby and on the pregnancy. Beau and I feel pretty confident that our son will be born healthy, but of course all the added prayers would be welcome!!! The ultrasound that we will have done in a few weeks will check for heart defects (common among Down Syndrome babies) and also to check certain 'markers' that are also common among Downs children.

We are just so happy that we are finally getting our boy and we will love him no matter what! We will be naming him Asher Reichan, I have waited 17 years to name my first son Asher! It is a bible name and it means HAPPY! Yes, I did know a boy years ago who's name was Asher. Yes, that is the first time I heard the name. No, I didn't have a crush on him and I am not naming our boy after him. Yes, I've heard all the jokes so just keep them to yourselves! ;) I love the name and that is that!

9 comments:

Erin said...

I love love love the name. LOVE!

I do know how badly you've wanted a boy and am overjoyed for you.

Asher is one lucky boy. Congrats!

Brook said...

What is a snip? I think it's snakes.

colds1 said...

Woohoo for you!!! We like boys around here!

CA Cecils said...

Congrats! It is about time right? Boys are different but you will adjust. Yeah!

Kath said...

Oh Lenette,
I'm just SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!! :)

I want you to know that, worst case scenario, Downs syndrome is by far the most wonderful syndrome around. (My only brother has Downs) and, if it comes to that, only very special parents are lucky enough to be the parents of the most huggable, loveable people on earth! :)

I'll be keeping you in my prayers and I am still just SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! (no matter the downs outcome!!) :) WOO HOO!! :)

Rebecca said...

Jokes? What jokes? I want to hear the jokes! What's wrong with the name Asher? I feel so clueless. Still, I am really happy for you!

Candace S. said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah! I am so SO happy for your family Lenette! I hope that you are feeling great.
Love ya!

all about the girls said...

So happy for you!!!

Evie B. said...

We're so excited for your family! We'll be praying for a healthy, beautiful boy on that ultrasound. xoxo