Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pregnancy So Far

*Caution* long boring post ahead!
My SIL asked me when I was going to post again here on my blog. I told her I'd attempt it today. We haven't yet replaced the broken camera so I've been unmotivated to blog. I like visuals and so I just assume others do to! Anyway, I thought I'd blog today about my pregnancy since I get a lot of questions about it.

I am currently 9weeks. I was 10, but then they pushed me back a week. I had suspected that my date would change by a few days, but didn't expect a full week! This being my fourth pregnancy you think I'd be a pro at this! Not a chance! I am surprised at how it feels new every time. Yes I have been sick but not nearly to the severity of the other 3. With my girls my head was in the toilet practically all day long and by this point I'd already lost about 5lbs. I've mostly just been nauseous with this one with only a few moments of toilet time. I've already gained 6lbs. depending on which drs. scale you choose to believe. Of course I am not happy about that! But for the longest time the only thing that kept me remotely feeling okay was having a full stomach and of course that doesn't help with the pounds!

This is what baby Hussey should look like right about now!

On New Years Eve we had a bit of a scare. We had gone to a good friend of ours for a fun night. Several of our other friends and their families had gathered for a night of Mexican food and games. We got there a little early and I was helping the host get some things ready, by the time most of our other friends got there my legs were tired from standing and I went to sit down. As I sat down I felt a gush. I thought that was odd, but was a little nervous to get up and go check it out. I moved a little more and felt another gush. I decided I'd better go check it out. I thought I might be bleeding, but since I didn't have any cramping I kinda dismissed that idea. As I walked to the bathroom a little kid ran in front of me and got there before I could so I went and sat back down. Another gush. When I saw the kid come out I got up again. And again a dad was taking his son to the bathroom...ugh! So again I sat back down. I finally was able to get to the bathroom and as soon as I sat down a flood of blood came pouring out! It had gone through my clothes and with so much more blood I started to panic a little. I was confused though, I didn't have any cramping and I've always heard that when you miscarry you have a lot of cramping. So I called Beau over, he called Jamie over and then we all called Debbie over! The consensess was that I should head to the ER. So we did. We left the girls with our friends and head out at 8pm on NYE to the ER. On the way there Beau was very quiet. I myself actually wasn't too concerned. I felt that if this was what was meant to happen then it would. While I would be very, very sad I truly believe the my Heavenly Father is in control and if this is the way it was meant to be then I had to trust that he knew we would be okay. If we were to loose the baby I believe that God would have given us another chance to have this baby and to raise him/her, so I wasn't really loosing him/her for good, just for now.
So I was calm a bit shaky but calm. To make an already long story shorter I'll tell you that the ER visit went really well. It was really quick, they took some blood gave me an ultrasound and told me that the baby was fine! They'd seen a heartbeat and while the baby was only measuring at 7wks (not 8 like we thought). The Dr. said I had what they call Subchorianic bleeding. Don't ask me to explain because I can't. I'll I know is that our baby is fine! We were relieved! I stayed in bed, rather on the couch for a few days and come Monday I was back to normal again!

I was finally able to convince a Dr. to give me some nausea medicine and since taking that I can't believe how easy things have been. There is still a bit of the nausea in the mornings and in the evenings, but overall YAY!! Why wouldn't they give me this stuff with my other one's?!!! So there you have it...my pregnancy until now!

4 comments:

Megan said...

That's almost exactly what happened to me. I had a bunch of bleeding when I was about 9 weeks along or so. When I went in to the ER....same thing, the baby was completely fine! Subchorianic bleeding is also known or referred to as a blood clot. A lot of women get blood clots in their womb when they're pregnant, but don't know it. The majority of blood clots resolve. Everything will be fine!!! Good luck.

Erin said...

SO not boring! I live for this stuff (pregnancy stories). Glad yo hear you are doing well and hope that the rest of your pregnancy is a breeze. ;-) Are you going to find out the sex?

Kalena said...

I'm soooo glad everything is ok! And I will take a picture of Mileena in the dress ASAIR (As Soon-As-I-Remember). My new phrase since being preggers, I forget EVERYTHING!

Kerilyn said...

In no way boring. Thanks for all the details. I'm so happy to hear that the baby is doing well and that the morning sickness has kept itself more at bay this time around. You are due around the same time Mazzy was....brings back memories. We had our ultrasound in March, too! :-) Keep the updates coming, L!