Sunday, September 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Frankie

Yesterday was Frankie's Birthday, he would have been 27. We wanted to do something special for him on this special day, so we decided to release some balloons that he could catch up in Heaven. The girls thought it was really neat and they asked so many questions. It was very emotional (and I'll spare you the ugly cry face pictures) but it was very sweet. Thank-you to all my wonderful friends who came out for support, you know who you are, and it meant alot!!
Funny story, The park we chose to set off the balloons is not far from the Marine Base and directly in the flight path of the military planes. Thanks to some very on the ball friends, I was reminded of this and it was suggested that I should notify the base of what I was planning. Thank goodness I have some great connections I was put in touch with Base Operations and they were gracious enough to close the flight path for 30 minutes while we let off our balloons. It was great thing, because Beau was refusing to get out of the car unless I got permission, he didn't want to be associated with the women who took down a military plane with a bunch of balloons!

Baby K let her balloon got a little too early

Beau reading a sweet story Brooke wrote about Frankie.




Today also happens to be 6 months sinced Frankie was killed. It's been hard to see Brooke go through such pain and saddness. Grief is hard and frankly it sucks! But her strength is amazing, and even though she doesn't think so she is the strongest women I know!

3 comments:

Momma K said...

WOW! That was a great idea, and even though you didn't put the crying pictures up...I still wanted to cry! How awesome they closed the airspace for 30 minutes for you guys!You are a great friend to be so supportive of your friends! OH, and that picture of all of them going into the air was awesome!

Brook said...

Oh my Gosh! I don't know how you got thru that! So sweet.

all about the girls said...

What a great thing to do!