We left bright and early for the hospital Wednesday morning.
Here is Taryn before we left.
Here's Taryn at the hospital...poor baby! Every time a nurse walked into the room she'd put her hand out of the mouth because she thought they were the one's that were going to take out her tonsils.
She didn't want to wear her hat...
But she finally let me take a picture of her in it.
Almost ready to go in.
Poor baby trying to come out of the anesthesia, she had a rough time with that but after about an hour she was much better. The Dr. told us that her tonsils were quite large for the space she had. We already new that but it was kinda nice to hear it from the Dr.
We had a bit of a problem last night and this morning. Taryn wasn't able to keep her meds down last night and was up on and off throughout the night. She hadn't slept at all yesterday when we got home so she was pretty tired if you can imagine. In the morning she wouldn't swallow anything not even her spit (so gross!). Beau and I begged and pleaded and bribed and threatened her to take her meds and eat. But of course Taryn being Taryn she wouldn't so off to Urgent Care we went. We spent the next 3 hours at UC with an IV in her arm. The gave her some fluids and some steroids (to keep the swelling down in her throat) and an antibiotic. She wasn't very happy about it, but she took her medicine when she got home.
She still wouldn't sleep today and this is what she looked like. Look at those awful eyes!
Here's Taryn trying to keep her eyes open. I don't get it, I don't understand why she won't sleep. I'm so glad that she is doing better and hopefully tomorrow will go much more smoothly. She is so stinkin' cute though and she has become very clingy with me. Which is kinda nice because she's a good snuggler!
7 comments:
Oh, I was thinking of you yesterday! I'm so glad she went through the surgery okay! I know they do these all the time, but it's still scary to me to have these little guys have surgery! BTW, Gracie did the same thing when she got hers out--wouldn't sleep! I don't know if they get afraid to go to sleep, or what, but it drove me crazy! It gets better, I promise!
How sad...the poor little thing!
Oh yeah, My brother in law got his tonsils out this year and he was in pain for 2 weeks, and his doc wouldn't give him good meds. Plus, when he kept puking his meds up (and ripping the scabs off in his throat), they said, "Tough luck". I'm glad Taryn seems to be doing better than him. I think kids bounce back faster, so good thing you did it now. I hope she feels better soon.
Seeing Taryn in her jammies sitting on that gurney made me feel so sad for her and you. It's amazing how something so routine still is major when it's happening to your child. I'm getting flashbacks of my time in the hospital with my kids...blah! I'm glad Taryn is doing a little better now!
Hope you feel better soon Taryn. Love Aunt Lizzy! :)
I'm glad she is feeling better - poor thing. I wonder if she would not sleep because she thought someone would do something and she would wake up feeling awful again. You are right she is so cute! You know that pic of her in the "hat" - she looks so much like Beau to me there - what do you think?
Poor Taryn!! I hope she is feeling better!!
Post a Comment