Saturday, December 06, 2008

You Look Like a Lady!

Last night was Beau's Station Christmas party. It was a lot of fun! Beau and I haven't been out like that in a very long time, and it was so nice to have a few hours without the kids and to eat and dance and get dressed up. I hadn't planned on taking a second shower yesterday, but after having mac 'n cheese thrown in my hair, courtesy of Miss K, I showered a second time! Olivia was upstairs with me while I was getting 'pretty' and when I was all done she said, "Mommy you look beautiful, you look like a lady." So cute! But now I'm wondering what I normally look like.....? After Beau was done, she told him that he looked "handsome". Nothing like having kids to bolster one's self esteem!
It was a night that made me feel old and young all within a few short hours. All of Beau's friends are either single, or engaged, or newly married with no children. Needless to say I felt a little out of place with all the skinny supermodel girls, who were talking about clubbin' and their massive break the bank diamond rings. And let's not even talk about the clothes! Yikes! I didn't know they made scarves into dresses! Thank-goodness no body parts popped out! The food was good and music was a mix of new music and old school. And oh yes Camilla and Brooke. Beau requested and we jammed to Vanilla Ice! There was also a little OPP and Baby Got Back! Throw in a little slow dancing and I felt like I was back at the Prom, but this time I got to take my sweet and 'handsome' husband. What a fun night, I had a blast, I had just as much fun as everyone else I just did it sober!
A couple of Beau's co-workers. Aipia (the guy on the left), has mad moves and taught me a few of them!

5 comments:

Brenda B said...

You guys look great! I love a reason to dress up and go out! Glad you had a great time.

Heather said...

I love Vanilla Ice! I always liked "jump around" by house of pain...
I'm glad you guys had some grown up time and you did look great.

all about the girls said...

You look great! I totally hear you on the dresses! How do those even stay on??

The Creegers said...

You look beautiful, Lenette! Sounds like a fun time you two had!

Erin said...

You looked great!!! Glad you had such a good time, you deserve a fun night out for sure!