Tuesday, August 26, 2008

All Grow'd Up!


Yesterday was the first day of Kindergarten for my little girl! I've been so excited for this day and yet at the same time so sad! My baby girl is not a baby anymore she is officially a big girl all grow'd up! Yesterday actually wasn't the hardest day for me because she didn't actually get to do the whole school thing. It was orientation day and it was mostly for the parents. We were only there for about an hour and a half, the kids got to go read a story and go on a scavenger hunt while the parents sat in their classroom and got talked to. I really like Olivia's teacher all ready, her name is Ms. Weatherington (I know what a name for little kids to learn!), she is really nice and seems to really love her job. I think Olivia will do well. The classroom is AMAZING! Both Beau and I commented on how much we wanted to go back to Kindergarten :) they have 6 flat screen computers in the room (not to mention the state of the art computer lab down the hall). Keri and Erin, do you remember going to the library to play Oregon Trail? Boy have times changed:)! The school she is going to is brand new, this is only it's second year of operation and it is beautiful. With all of the horror stories I've heard about schools I am so pleased with this one. They have a music room, art room and they still have PE, I know a lot of schools have done away with those activities. They also have several field trips planned for the year, one of which is caroling at a nursing home...awesome! My nephews school had one field trip last year and it was to see movie, so I am so happy about the school Olivia is in. Anyway, today was the day I cried! I've been debating for months now whether or not to let her ride the bus, but yesterday Olivia made her own decision. She told me that she wanted to ride the bus because she was a big girl now! Oh my, how could I deny her after that. So I walked her to the bus stop (the corner of our cul-de-sac one house away) and waited with her. She got on with no problems and left a tearful mommy on the corner. After a good cry to Beau and my mom, I'm doing much better. :) So, she'll have 2 weeks of half days and then on the 8th she'll go full days 8-2:45 (7:15-3:20 with the bus ride) a long day for a little...I mean big girl....I mean her mommy!
The outfit she picked out for her first day!

Her new backpack

Our neighbor Jazmine, she is starting kindergarten too (but not in the same class).

Day 2 (today) with her lunch box..cool huh? Way cooler then our old lunch boxes!

Waiting for the bus

Getting on the school bus...bye mommy!

7 comments:

colds1 said...

All day kindergarten? I wish you lots of braveness! Ricky just starts preschool next week and I think I'll cry when I drop him off!! Oh, and I totally remember Oregon Trail, too!

all about the girls said...

oh my gosh! I can't believe she is in kindergarten! And riding the bus! Wow! We don't even have bus service where we live even if Kaylee went to the real school! I cried when I dropped Kaylee off at Kindergarten adn she went right in. So sad for us mommies!

Kerilyn said...

Oh, my. I got teary-eyed reading about you getting teary-eyed and envisoning when the day comes to send Mazzy off to school.

Olivia looked adorable in her outfits! What a big girl. It's great she was excited about school! I hope you are doing better....enjoy the days with only 2 little ones, now!;-)

BTW- Oregon Trail ROCKED!;-)

Rebecca said...

Way cute outfit she had on! She looks so grown up, I can't believe it! I'm glad the school is so great. One more week for us!

Erin said...

Aww...those pictures were so sweet! I wanna play Oregon Trail now....I wonder if you can still ge tthe game. :-)

Heather said...

I played "Where in the world is Carmen San Diego"...

4HessGirls said...

I was waiting to see these pictures. Isn't it hard to let them go. It isn't any easier with the other kids. I'm sad everytime. Rowena just started 7th grade Monday.