Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

Sorry, still no pictures, but I'm taking my camera in today to see if they can fix the problem. That aside, we had a wonderful weekend (I know few days after the fact). Beau let me sleep in on Saturday (this is normal around here, he takes Sat. mornings with the kids, I take Sun.), and he made chocolate chip Mickey pancakes for breakfast! Then we all got dressed in our grubby's and headed out to pick blueberries. Most of my friends have already been so far, we were a little late in the game, but the berries were still big and juicy. We didn't get to pick as many as I would have liked, but at 10am the sun was high and hot and Beau and I decided we'd better pack it in while the girls were still in happy spirits. Kerrigan did amazing, even though her she was super hot and her face extremely flushed. We ended up with 3.5 lbs which gave me plenty to freeze, eat and make a cake with. After we wiped down my feet with baby wipes, the fields had a very fine black dirt covering the trails and of course I wore sandals (even though I made the girls wear sneakers), we headed off to do a little clothes shopping. No shopping for the girls this time, I got a pair of shorts, pants, a top and new sandals and Beau ended up with a new pair of shorts. We had a nice lunch at a pizza buffet and then headed home for naps and clean up. For dinner my neighbor watched the girls while Beau and I got to go out and celebrate our 2nd-7th anniversary! We went to the restaurant called The Chelsea and had the most amazing meal I've had in a long time! I had bacon wrapped salmon and Beau had a Blue Cheese stuffed steak yummy!!! We then took a walk down to the river and sat on a bench and talked. It was a really nice evening, it's been way too long since we've had such a nice weekend. Sunday was our actual Anniversary and we had a nice quiet day at church and hanging out at home. I just love my little family!!!


To answer the curious inquiries....Taryn has had a few umm....potty moments...:) and even though we were definitely looking, Beau and I never saw anything pass. So I'm assuming that it did and since she hasn't complained about anything she must be fine. On another Taryn note, I was a little devastated that the other day, she killed a frog! :( And yes she did do it on purpose, I don't think she did it to be mean, I think she was treating it like we treat the bugs and spiders that we find outside, but none-the-less I was mortified! Beau had a chat with her and I had a chat with her. I wasn't home when it happened but I almost cried when Beau told me! As I was explaining to Taryn why we don't kill frogs and why it's okay to smash bugs and spiders (it wasn't coming out the right way), Beau was laughing and then told me that "that was the worst explanation I've ever heard!" and in reality the only reason why it's okay to kill bugs and spiders and not frogs is that, I'M SCARED OF BUGS AND SPIDERS, and if I see one it's a goner!!!

2 comments:

The Creegers said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend you had.
I've had the same concern over "killing things". We'll swat a fly just like that...is Mazzy going to think then that's okay for butterflies or even frogs!? We'll see!:-)

Erin said...

You tell the best stories! Your weekend seemed GREAT! Happy Anniversary.