Monday, May 05, 2008

Silly Taryn!

Early friday morning I had to take Olivia and register her for school so I baked Taryn's cake to let it cool while we were gone. I carved out the opening of the 'box' also before we left so that when we got home I could finish frosting it. Beau's cousin had called me just before I got home so I was in the living room chatting with her, when I heard Taryn in the kitchen. I asked her what she was doing and she told me she was hiding. The girls often hide in our laundry closet so I didn't think much of it until......she walked into the living room with a tiny crumb of cake on her face. UGHHH! So I walked into the kitchen and this is what I found, along with a little trail of crumbs that led straight to the pantry where a larger piece of cake was! TARYN!!!! She's lucky I hadn't frosted it yet or she would have been in serious trouble! So, that's what Taryn had for lunch and she had to go immediately to her room for a nap!
This is how I found Taryn the other morning. Quite the creative chair she made for herself and her glow worm baby.
I had to add a picture of this amazingly yummy S'mores cheesecake I made the other day. mmm and yes it tasted just as yummy as it looks! But I only had a teeny tiny piece. :)!
The girls playing with one of Taryn's gifts. Thanks Rebecca! It is the neatest thing, but of course they were a little chicken of it, so I had a lot of fun chasing them down and dragging them into the middle of it!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

What a great party! My grils had a blast and LOVED the party favors. I'm glad they enjoyed the gift. I wanted one myself, and figured you were so far from a pool.... Great cake, too!

The Creegers said...

That cheesecake looks sinfully delicious!;-) Yummy!

4HessGirls said...

That cake looks so yummy and the girls look cute.

all about the girls said...

Wow, that looks yummy! Cute crayon cake and your party looks and sounds like a hit as well! Of course I wouldn't expect anything less of your parties!