Monday, May 05, 2008

Sick Baby

Well little Kerrigan got her first fever accompanied by her first ear infection! My poor little baby has been so out of sorts today with a nasty fever. This morning her temp was 100.2 and inched it's way up all day until it reached 102. I suspected an ear infection, but wasn't able to get her in on the Marine base to see a dr. today so I had to take her to the 'express' care. Yeah right 'express' nothing I was there for 2hrs! We missed Olivia's dance glass (she was devastated). And of course Beau had duty today (1st time in 5 months! go figure!) so I had to take all three chillins with me. They did surprisingly well. We sang songs, played Simon Says and they even played hide 'n seek in the tiny exam room.

Olivia never really got a fever as a baby and didn't even have an ear infection until well after she was 1. Taryn had a lot of ear infections (which led to tubes in her ears and adenoids removed) but never really had much of a fever when she would get ear infections so this was all new to me. I wasn't really nervous or anything, but I didn't want to wait to long to treat the infection. She has been so sad and pathetic, she was a little fussy and most of you that know her know how smiley and active she is and so I knew something was really wrong when I couldn't get much of a smile out of her, she just wanted to snuggle and sit on my lap without kicking those cute legs of hers. Anyway, she's on antibiotics (yuck!) and sound asleep(I hope she stays that way until morning!), hopefully tomorrow will bring a happy, active little girl back to her mommy.

6 comments:

4HessGirls said...

Sorry to hear baby Kerrigan is sick. It makes a hard day for a mommy when our babies are sick. I hope she is feeling better soon.

4HessGirls said...

I hope the baby is feeling better soon. I makes a hard day for the mommy when the baby is sick.

Rebecca said...

I'm so sorry. We just did that too! I'd have watched your girls if I'd been home. Taking everyone to the doctors sucks.

The Creegers said...

A sick baby...heartbreaking! I hope Baby K starts to feel better SOON! Thanks for your comments...and I hope to see you one of these days too!

4HessGirls said...

I hope you had a very wonderful Mother's Day!

all about the girls said...

I hope she is feeling better! nothing quite like a sick baby to put a damper on life!~