Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Fabulous Four Eyes!

Because I have such issues with my eyes, and because there is some speculation that some of my eye problems could have been corrected as a child. I decided to get the girls a routine eye exam. Their appt was yesterday and to my shock the dr. discovered that our little girls also have eye problems. Olivia has a slight astigmatism (I won't go into the medical mumbo jumbo), but she probably won't need glasses until she is in elementary school maybe in about 5 years. Taryn on the other hand has a vision problem she is seeing 20/50 and apparently the average 3 year old should be at 20/30 so they recommended that she have corrective lenses! She wouldn't let us try them on her at the office so they gave us a few pair to take home and let her get used to wearing them. I think she looks rather darling in them, however Beau is having a hard time with his little girl having to wear glasses. Here she is posing for the camera in her glasses. She's doing a lot better with them then I expected. We'll go next week to get her perminant pair. The model pose (notice the diva pucker!)
the silly pose
The serious pose

5 comments:

all about the girls said...

So cute! I'll bet it's a challenge to keep glasses on a three year old! I've got to get my girls in since Tim and I both can't see worth beans!

colds1 said...

She looks so studious! And such a coincidence, I just made an appointment to take Ricky in for an eye exam!

Rebecca said...

Good for you. I was in 5th grade before they discovered I couldn't see anything. Did you go to Banks? I love them!

4HessGirls said...

She looks so adorable in her glasses. I had to wear glasses when I was her age and then when I got into grade school I had surgery to correct crossed eyes. I took the girls in for their check ups and looks like Brook might need glasses. We will have an appointment soon to find out.

The Creegers said...

She is just too cute in those..I understand Beau's concern...but she is just too cute in them. I'm glad she isn't having a hard time. Josh's eyesite is horrible and so was my mothers'...Maz may need them early on too!