Saturday, January 19, 2008

Oh Taryn!!

So last night we were having company over for dinner so we sent the girls up to their room to clean. Olivia always ends up doing most of the cleaning and Taryn usually just plays. This irritates Olivia so it never fails every night she'll come down stairs to tell us that Taryn isn't cleaning. Beau and I've become so used to it that we mostly ignore it and send Olivia back upstairs to keep cleaning. Last night was no different Olivia came down a few times to tell us Taryn wasn't cleaning, on the third or fourth trip down she told us that Taryn was dumping stuff out on the ground. We both just assumed that she was dumping toys on the ground so we told Olivia just to ignore her and to keep cleaning. Well, she came down again to tell us that Taryn was still dumping stuff on the ground and again we sent her back upstairs. So the THIRD time that she comes down to tell us I finally ask her what it is that Taryn is dumping on the ground and she says something about some white stuff and then says her white drawers. Their dresser is white so Beau and I both thought (because she's done this before) that Taryn was dumping all of her clothes out of the dresser. I said to Beau "you better go up and check it out because if I go up there I might beat her!" Totally a figure of speech, that child is enough to drive one insane! I do love her to pieces though! Anyway, so Beau goes up there and after a few seconds he yells down the stairs for me to bring the vacuum. OH NO!!! You can't imagine what is going through my head :)! As I'm bringing the vacuum up the stairs Beau is telling Taryn to go in time out and the closer I get upstairs I smell what to me smelled like BABY LOTION! Beau is laughing and I'm like "what'd she do?" and he says just go take a look. I look at Taryn and she is licking her lips and she has this white powder all up her arms and on her face (she looked a little like an albino child). So I walk into there room and WOW! there is BABY POWDER all over the dresser and on all over the floor, along with a sponge that she was using to "clean" the dresser with the baby powder! That child never makes for a dull day! I think Beau and should have listened more to Olivia when she came down the first time huh?! Taryn looking awfully guilty standing in front of the closet where she got the baby powder. Guess we're gonna have to get a lock!
This picture doesn't quite do it justice but you get the idea.

2 comments:

CA Cecils said...

I am going to comment here and hope that I do not offend. I just feel for Olivia in this situation because I deal with S & C. C never helps clean and S usually does everything. I finally decided that S gets to make assignments & he cleans his and C cleans his. They do not come out until it is done. Eventually C cleans and comes down, especially when he hears he is missing something. In the beginning I made the assignments to show S how to be fair. Olivia might stop coming down to complain. It is just not fair. Besides shouldn't the second learn to clean like the first.
H

all about the girls said...

We have the same problem! I'm going to try Heidi's idea and see if that helps! These poor little guys who think they have to do all the work and their younger sibs just play....and make messes! Although the ghost Taryn pic is pretty cute!