Alright, I surrender! I've been tagged 3 times in the last few days with this one (thanks Cindy, Dave & Evonne) so I give in. Here goes.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Paper for sure! I LOVE unwrapping gifts and then having to clean up the huge mess left afterwards when we're all done.
2. Real tree or artificial? Gotta be REAL! I don't understand the whole fake tree to be honest, there is something magical and nostalgic of having the smell of a real tree in the house. Okay so mine is loosing a lot of it's needles, but I still wouldn't go with a fake one! Thanks Beau for giving in to my indulgence every year!
3. When do you put up the tree? It very's from year to year but definitely not long after Thanksgiving. I like to get Christmas started as soon as possible. Again thanks to my sweetheart for supporting my sick holiday habits!
4. When do you take the tree down? Again it very's but usually by New Years it is gone.
5. Favorite gift received as a child? This one's a tough one! The only thing that is coming to mind is this radio alarm clock I got when I was 11. I know kinda lame, but I can't remember anything else.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? No! I've been looking for years and haven't found the right one I want to spend any money on.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad and his wife. I've always thought it was hard to buy for my dad. I know the things that he likes, but I'm never sure if he already has it or if it's something he'd really want. Sorry dad!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Olivia for sure. She is at this age where she pretty much is an open book with what she likes and doesn't like. I just love buying gifts for people, especially my kids!
9. Mail or e-mail Christmas cards? Are you kidding me! Who e-mails Christmas cards? Okay, my step-dad said they do but I think that's totally un-Christmas (sorry mom). I have to admit that with this baby coming any day now, you probably wont get one this year, but keep a look our for a New Years card or maybe I'll start a new tradition and you'll all get Valentines Day cards! I love how Cindy always send her's out at Halloween time!
10. Worst Christmas gift you've ever received? There is definitely a few that have popped into my head, but I don't want to offend anyone that may be reading this so if you really want to know I'll e-mail you. Trust me they are a doozey!
11. Favorite Christmas Movie? I LOVE White Christmas, with Bing Crosby! I've loved that movie since I was a kid.
12. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Guilty as charged!
13. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? mmmm, I love it all, but I suppose I look forward to a big glass of thick egg nog this time of year.
14. Clear lights or colored on the tree? We have colored lights, but I do enjoy seeing other peoples trees that are all pretty and color coordinated with white lights. Personally I like having a mismatched assortment of ornaments and colored lights.
15. Favorite Christmas song? Oh I have a few, White Christmas and The little Drummer Boy are probably my favs though.
16. Travel for Christmas or stay home? I love to travel for Christmas, but when you are 8 1/2 months prego they really don't like you to go too far from home :). I just love spending the holidays with family and usually we have to travel to do that. Next year I'm praying will be spending it in New York with Beau's family. After 7 yrs of marriage we haven't spent Christmas with them once!
17. Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Of course I can! Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner (or Donder depending on what book you're reading), Blitzen and of course Rudolph! That was easy, but can you name all of the 7 dwarfs?!
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? As a kid we always opened one present on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. With our kids they get to open their new jammies on Christmas Eve so they can wear them to bed and wake up in them in the morning.
19. Most annoying thing about Christmas? My husbands lack of enthusiasm about this time of year. Sometimes he can be a Mister Scrooge!
20. Favorite ornament of theme color? I mostly just enjoy a menagerie of Christmas decorations, but each year I enjoy different color schemes. Last year it was blue and silver, this year I really like the traditional red, green and creme colors.
21. Favorite for Christmas dinner? CHEESY POTATOES!!! I could eat a whole plate of those and nothing else!
22. What do you want for Christmas this year? I'm with you on this one Evonne! I just want Taryn to be completely potty trained! Okay I'm also looking forward to my new 12" deep skillet that Beau is getting for me. I can't wait to use it for our Christmas breakfast!
TAG! Sharon, Jenn, Heidi, Brooke, Brook, Becky and anyone else that feels the need to fill this out!
2 comments:
Doc, Dopey, Bashful, Sneezy, Sleepy, Grumpy, and, dang, I'm missing one . . . oh, duh, Happy!
Gosh, that looks like a lot of typing.... I don't know.
Post a Comment