Sunday, November 11, 2007

Primary program

Today was the Sunday that the kids in our church put on a little program for the rest of the congregation (for those that aren't family with what the Primary is). This is her first Primary Program and I was so excited for her. I can't believe my little girl is old enough to be in primary! Olivia had 2 speaking parts and has been practicing with the kids for 3 weeks. We also have been practicing her words at home. She memorized her 1st part and was doing really well. We talked about how she was going to have to get up in front of everyone and that she would be okay. We went over everything again this morning on the way to church and she was really excited. Can you all tell were this is going :)! We walked into church and immediately she started to panic and told me she wasn't going to go up there. I tried bribing her with gum and snacks, and I tried talking to her and encouraging her. But to no luck. She just refused to go up! I felt really bad for her and a little for myself to I have to admit as much as I knew she would have a little bit of nervousness I was sad she didn't go through with it. All of the other kids in her class got up there and said their parts, luckily they found 2 other kids on the spot to take over her parts. I was the exact same way as she is, so shy and scared of getting up in front of people, so I understand her, but I was still sad that she didn't get up there. She is definitely my daughter! Beau and I had her apologize to her teacher and to the other leaders, which she did(through a little tears). I just hope over time she gets over her shyness. A few pictures of my beautiful girls ready for church. I know Olivia's eyes are closed but all the pictures I took either had Taryn doing something silly or Olivia doing something silly. This was the nicest one.
As you can see Taryn's hair is a little bit shorter then it was when I first cut it. I had a friend come over and fix it for me. Beau and I just love it! We think it is just so cute on her, and talk about easy to manage!

No comments: