Monday, April 02, 2012

Creepy, Creepy and Creepy!!!!

About 2 1/2 years ago, on a Black Friday shopping trip I bought this awesome jewelry box.  I wanted the jewelry box so bad and when I got to the store there was one left and there were two older women debating between the box I wanted and another one.  As they were looking at the other one I snuck up behind them and grabbed the box and left...wow, if looks could kill!!! LOL!  Anyway, not long after I brought it home Beau started complaining about it making noises.  I thought he was loosing his mind because I never could hear anything.  He kept telling me that the lady that I 'stole' it from had died and had come back to haunt me!  After awhile I started hearing the noise too.  It sounded kind of like a ticking watch but there was no watch in there.  Fast forward to this morning.  I opened up the box to look for some earrings for Olivia. As I opened the box I noticed some strange holes in top (see picture 1)  I also noticed what looked like saw dust down the back and in one of the compartments. I had a crazy thought and then I quickly brushed it out of my mind. So when Beau came home I showed him and what did he say?!!!  "There are termites in there!!!", "that's what we kept hearing termites!!"  No freaking way!!! That's what I was thinking, but the thought just creeped me out, there is no way that there have been termites in my jewelry box, in my HOUSE for over 2 years!!!!  So we took it outside, busted it open and sure enough there was ONE HUMONGOUS TERMITE (see picture 3)!!!  Oh my goodness I totally got the skeeby jebbies!!!  That thing has been living in my house and eating my jewelry box for over two years!!!!!!  Can anything get more disgusting?!  And now I have no place for all my jewelry. I guess what goes around comes around...I should have let that lady have it!!!




3 comments:

colds1 said...

Gross. Gross. Gross.

Rambeau said...

Wow! Just ate dinner and now want to get sick.. How the heck did u even hear the noise..OMG that is unbelievable.

Kelli said...

ew. DISGUSTING and totally CREEPY!