Now that we're getting down to just weeks before the move, I've been thinking about all the things I want to do 'one last time' before we leave. When I think about all of the those things that I want to do it makes me sad. There are reason's why I am so excited to move, mostly silly reasons, like being closer to 'real' shopping, having a huge selection of dining options, living in a cooler climate, etc.
But there are so many reasons why I am so sad to leave. The biggest reason is my friends. I have made some wonderful friends here. Some of them have already moved and some of them are still here, but either way I am going to miss them terribly. Beau and I and 3 other couples tried to have 'date night' at least once a month. We usually went out to dinner or had dinner at someones house and then played games. We would have great conversation, we would laugh...A LOT, it was so much fun! There isn't enough time for one more date night :(.
I LOVE the girls school! I am panicking a little about finding them a school just as good as the one they are in now. The girls have such wonderful friends. There isn't enough time for one more sleep over, one more birthday party, one more play date.
There isn't enough time to go to Morgan's for Lobster Bisque and homemade croissants with honey.
There isn't enough time to make it to the Raleigh Farmers Market.
There isn't enough time to see one more movie on base and pay less then $20 for our whole family.
There isn't enough time for the girls to go to Art Camp, Summer camp, VBS
There isn't enough time to take the kids to story time at the Library and have them participate in the fantastic summer reading program
There isn't enough time for lunch with the ladies.
There isn't enough time.......there just isn't enough time.
I am going to miss this place. We bought our first house here. We had two of our children here. We celebrated 10 years of marriage here. Two of our children started school here. We've had wonderful experiences here. I know we will make new experiences, make new friends. But here part of my heart will stay.
4 comments:
Oh, Lenette, this post left me in tears.
It's great that you had the time to write these thoughts down, as they will be sweet reminders of everything you loved about your time here.
Godspeed, friend.
Amen! I'm alternating between denial and panic. 3 more weeks till we pack up and I'm not sure I'm ready. I am excited to move on, but so sad to leave.
Don't forget your wonderful friend up in Northeastern NC!
Post a Comment