Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Food!!!

This trip was a lot about food! Which was fine by me! We ate at some really great places and of course I had to take some pictures. After Lion King we went to this 24 hr restaurant called Cafeteria. It was really really late, like 11 pm late! blackberry lemonade
Mac and Cheese Springrolls with a gouda dipping sauce
(makes my mouth water just looking at pictures!)

a side of fries

We went to a Brazillian Steakhouse for lunch one afternoon. It was a neat experiance!
I honestly can't tell you what any of this stuff was called but it was good.
cheese rolls

all of our sides, we ordered one of everything and barely ate any of it, shame on us!!!

The idea of this place is that the waiters bring around different types of meats on these steaks and cut you off pieces. Pretty cool!

yeah between the 5 of us this is what our bills tended to look like! Had to take this picture for my husband!!!

We happened across Magnolia Bakery, it's a very well known bakery. We got a few cupcakes to share!

This is a place we found last year. It's a Chicago tradition and Oprah talks about them all the time. So happy they put a store in Manhattan! It is by far the yummiest popcorn ever! My favorite is the caramel! Oh yes we stocked up!


3 comments:

Megan and Vinny said...

looks like you guys really had a great time! i love garrett's - in fact my mom was in chicago this weekend and brought me back a bag of cheddar mixed with caramel. that's the best cause it's sweet and salty!

Erin said...

Oh I loved this food post! I want to go to New York right now! :-) Looks like you had a fantastic time...I'm so glad.

Kerilyn said...

Oh, my....I will forgive you for not eating all this delicious food only because your little man is taking up most of your alotted space for food. ;-) Fun food post, indeed!