So this is a venting post....Sometimes I just don't know how to handle my adorable 4 year old daughter! She is such a challenge for me and sometimes I feel like I'm damaging her and her little fiery personality. As her dad puts it she is an 'in the moment' kid. She can't see past the very moment that she is in, which is a pain when you are trying to teach her lessons. She basically doesn't listen. It goes in one ear and out the other within a matter of nanoseconds! I have yelled at her waaaayyy too many times today and of course it has made her cry. I feel awful, I don't want to me a yeller, my parents were yellers and I hated it! I don't want to make her cry either, I love her and it breaks my heart that I am the one making her cry. I just loose it after the 50 millionth time of telling her to leave her sister alone, to stay out of the water in the sink, stop touching the Christmas tree, no you can't have candy for snack...etc.!!! I know it's a personal battle that I desperately need to find some way to master, and I promise I am working on it! Thanks for listening..:)
6 comments:
You're a great mom. Don't let guilt get to you!! *muah.
Love and hugs! You're such a great mama...I'm sorry you're having a rough day.
Hmmm... that sounds familiar! I too am tired of repeating for the millionth time to stop touching/teasing/looking at your sister!
I feel ya...but trust me you're an AMAZING mom!
WOW, I think I was just reading about my day with my almost 4 year old! I think that's all I did today too...was yell! Sometimes I think they just keep pushing you until you yell! I feel for you...I don't know how you do it with 3...AND one more on the way! You ROCK!
YES. YES. YES. I can relate. Can we start a club.:-)
Post a Comment