I know I've been AWOL for about a week, but I'm back now....
Last week Beau and I went up to New York and Washington, D.C for Frankie's memorial and burial. It was a sad week, yet it was also a really nice time to spend with friends and honor a great man! The memorial in NY was really nice..it was at the Merchant Marine Academy where Frankie graduated from college. It was nice to be back on the Island again and to see some old friends that I hadn't seen in a very very long time
The memorial
Frankie was awarded the Purple Heart and the Bronze Star with Valour. His friends from his unit in Hawaii made Brooke this beautiful shadow box. It was amazing to me how strong Brooke is! She has such faith and strength. She was making sure everyone was taken care over worrying about herself. What a love those two had...have....and what a great man Frankie was!
The military funeral at Arlington was amazing! So beautiful and just perfect! It was very emotional for me watching my Best Friend lay her husband to rest. It was amazing to me how everything just fell into place way it was supposed to. I wish I could share with you all the little 'random' things that happened, you know the Lord was in control. Everyone had just the most wonderful things to say about him and his family was just so gracious and loving. There was no anger or animosity felt that day just pure love and honor for Frankie's life. So many people came from all over the place Hawaii, Spain, Idaho, California.....Frankie's life truly touched so many people and his death I think has inspired those who knew him to want to live our lives in a manner that he would be proud. He had perfected himself spiritually, mentally, physically and emotionally at the time of his death that we know the Lord needed him more home then we needed him here. While it is sad that he is gone, the strength that Brooke has and the understanding that she will see him again is what will get her through.Love you Brooke! And love you too Frankie!
1 comment:
Found your blog on your FB page.Thank you for sharing these photos and moments with us.It looks like it was a very beautiful service. He deserved only the best. I wondered how everything went and wished I could have gone to support Brooke in this difficult time. He seems to be such a great guy I wish I had known them before. Hope all is well.
Post a Comment