Saturday, December 20, 2008

NY trip so far...

I don't even want to talk about our trip up here! I'll just say that a 12 hr. trip turned into an 18 hr. one! We got to Beau's sisters house around midnight, the girls were in rare form. Poor Kerrigan only slept about an hour and a half the whole trip. Below are pictures of the girls at around 10:30. Yes that is Taryn sleeping with a blanket over her head!

Friday morning we were awakened at about 5:30 am to Taryn puking! Good Morning everyone! That woke everyone up and of course there was no getting anyone back to sleep! She is doing better today, but yesterday she was just miserable and slept a lot. It also snowed
A LOT yesterday, absolutely beautiful! However I don't know how this will affect Kerrigans party today. It's snowing again as I am sitting here typing this. Beau took the girls along with their cousins outside to play in the snow. Olivia loved it!
Here's the view from my SIL front porch!

To add more nonsense to our first few days in NY the cake and cupcakes that I was making for Kerrigan's birthday became a headache. It's so hard to do all of that in a kitchen that isn't my own. I forgot a few things, the frosting was too runny and the cupcake top got stuck in the pan! The worst of it though was the egg substitution that I tried with one batch of the cupcakes...gross! Oh yeah on more thing, we didn't get the subs for the party ordered in time so now we're having pizza! Not a big deal, but I as kinda looking forward to the sandwiches, that's alright Beau loves pizza. Anyways, sorry to be the voice of negativity today, but I just needed to vent! Hopefully the party will turn out well and everyone will have a good time. Just pray the roads stay clear enough for people to come!

3 comments:

Kalena said...

Sounds like you're having a blast! haha. I wish we could be there! Tell little Kerrigan Happy Birthday for us...we forgot to call sorry!

Kelli said...

We missed you today!!!
Hope all went well.

Rebecca said...

If you need a stopping point on the way home.... well, we're here, and we have room! I hope your Christmas is fun. Family is worth the trip.