Setting the scene:
Taryn was watching Cinderella and at the at the part where Cinderella is crying on the bench, after her dress is ripped to shreds I walked in.
Me: Oh, Taryn why is Cinderella crying?
T: Cinderella's step-girls they were naughty and they broked her dress {said with such passion and sadness} :)
I debated whether or not to post this conversation with Taryn but it was just too funny not too.
For some reason Taryn has always been obsessed with the differences between boys and girls. We were at the dinner table the other night and this is a conversation I had with Taryn.
T: Mommy's a girl, Olivia's a girl, Kerrigan's a girl, I'm a girl and daddy's a boy.
Me: Oh yeah, how do know daddy's a boy?
T: 'cause he has hair all over....and I have hair on my arms too.
Me: really? Does that mean you are a boy too?
T: {pointing to her face with a saucy tone} Do you see hair on my face?
While I'm chuckling to myself she adds
T: No penis for me! {very matter-of-fact}
I'd just taken a drink and almost spit it across the table. She is the funniest kid! And I promise we don't sit around and talk about boy and girl parts all the time.
5 comments:
We used anatomically correct language with our kids- mainly because there are NO non-derogatory names for girl parts. It has made for some very interesting conversations at very inopportune times. And oh so many giggles!
That's hilarious! She told you, mom!:-)
Even Adam chuckled!
Oh my gosh that was hilarious!
That is too funny! Leave it to Taryn to say these things. She's so funny!! I always wonder the things she'll do as a teenager...I think you're going to have your hands full!! lol!!
Post a Comment