Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Opinions Wanted

So I'm in the market for a new sewing machine and a photo program and I need all of you're advice. What brand of sewing machine do you recommend? I had a crappy one I got from
Wal-mart about 8 years ago and we got in a fight a couple of months ago (we've been fighting for close to 7 years now) and lets just say it lost and ended up in the garbage can. Anyway, I am dying not having one, but I want a good one this time. One that works, but isn't too expensive.

Secondly, I need a good photo program. I'm looking into photoshop, but I've noticed that there are other programs out there that are less expensive but I don't want to buy them if they don't really work very well. Plus there are different photoshop programs and I don't know which one is the best for me. So, as you see I need some advice! Help!

3 comments:

colds1 said...

I'm FULL of opinions (good or bad). I use a Janome/New Home sewing machine that Kevin researched and picked out for me, um, 4 or 5 Christmases ago. It is pretty user friendly, has some whistles, but not any bells, but was totally affordable and will do me well until I get the mother-load sewing machine someday.

For photos, I use several programs. I get the most use from Microsoft Photo Editor and the free download program Picasa. When I do my video/photo editing for DVDs, I use a Ulead program that cost me an arm and a leg, but works great for that.

Good luck and I can total picture that argument with you sewing machine. A little surprised the machine lost, but, you know . . .

Heather said...

I got my sewing machine from Walmart, it's a Brother. But I'm not into the fancy sewing, I'm a straight line kinda girl. You might want to ask one of the ladies that quilt every week, or Leilani. I would think it would depend on what you want to make.
As far as the photoshop... I'm still waiting for the code.

Rebecca said...

I'm with both the other comments. Dan researched and bought me mine for Christmas about 5 years ago. Its a Baby Lock and I LOVE it. Never would have spent that much on it, but he wanted to surprise me. I really just sew straight lines too. The Baby Lock is great for sewing denim quilts. Its easy to use and does a lot more than I know how to do. Baby Lock is not a brand I had ever hear of till Dan got it for me, but aparently its pretty good.