Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Nicholas Sparks

Nicholas Sparks, the author of The Notebook, Message In a Bottle, A Walk to Remember, etc. lives here in New Bern. Several of his books including The Notebook and Bend in the Road take place in New Bern. Anyway, he does a special book signing here every year when his new book comes out, and I decided to go. Apparently this is the only place he'll do personalization's, unfortunately I didn't buy his new book and I didn't have my receipts with from the books I bought the other day so they where a little weired about having him personalize my books. Oh well, I got them signed. My dear friend Brook was so amazingly sweet to came with me and stand in line for 2 1/2 hrs. to have a few books signed and a picture taken. We got in line not too far back, but it took so long because people where having cases of books signed! No joke..this one lady had like 8-10 cases of books and each case held about 10 books! CRAZY! He was very nice, one of the lady's told me that last year he stayed there for 14 hours signing books! When we left the line was all the way down the mall and around to the front of the mall, I'm glad we got there when we did! Thanks Brook!!!!
p.s. Keri and Erin keep and eye on the mail, there might just be a surprise in it! ;)


4 comments:

Kalena said...

i'm soooo completely jealous! i love a walk to remember and the notebook. I wish i lived closer so i could've gone too. you look sooo pretty in this picture too! have you lost weight?

Erin said...

That's exciting...Nights in Rodanthe just came out in the theaters...excited to see it!

The Creegers said...

You are a little sneaker!;-) How fun...loved, loved loved the Notebook.

all about the girls said...

Love nicholas sparks! Looks like you are doing great! I need to call you soon so I can share my new drama....