
What a sad loss, yet what an exciting moment for this sweet sweet man to finally be with his love Marjorie. For those of you checking out my blog that don't know who this man is, He was the Prophet/President of the Mormon Church he was 97. He was a loving and kind hearted man who so loved his wife and was such an example to many. I was not shocked at his passing, but saddened non-the-less. It was very ironic that Beau and I were talking just that afternoon about the process of what happens if He were do die i.e. who would be the next Prophet.
Upon hearing the sad news, I reflected back to the time when I had the wonderful opportunity to briefly make eye contact and shake his hand. Back in 1993 or 1994 before he was called as the Prophet he made a trip to St. Louis to dedicate the ground were the currant Temple stands. Before the day of the ground breaking him and his wife spoke at a special fireside in our Tri-Stake area. Only Youth were aloud to attend ( One of his children were members of one the stakes there). I remember him and especially his wife being very funny and it was so refreshing for me at such a young age (14 or 15) to see someone like him normal and with a great sense of humor! After the fireside was over we all filed out into the hall and waited for him to come out and shake hands. My friend and I were lucky enough to make our way to where he came out of the chapel and reach our hands out. He looked each of us straight in the eye, thanked us for coming and shook our hands. What an amazing moment it was for me! He was just an ordinary man with an extra-ordinary spirit that was evident in his voice and his demeanor. He had the sweetest smile and such a reverence about him. He was a beloved Prophet of mine and I will miss him immensely, but I know he is with the Lord and with his lovely wife Marjorie! And I look forward to the next great man the the Lord will call as his next Prophet here on earth!
Upon hearing the sad news, I reflected back to the time when I had the wonderful opportunity to briefly make eye contact and shake his hand. Back in 1993 or 1994 before he was called as the Prophet he made a trip to St. Louis to dedicate the ground were the currant Temple stands. Before the day of the ground breaking him and his wife spoke at a special fireside in our Tri-Stake area. Only Youth were aloud to attend ( One of his children were members of one the stakes there). I remember him and especially his wife being very funny and it was so refreshing for me at such a young age (14 or 15) to see someone like him normal and with a great sense of humor! After the fireside was over we all filed out into the hall and waited for him to come out and shake hands. My friend and I were lucky enough to make our way to where he came out of the chapel and reach our hands out. He looked each of us straight in the eye, thanked us for coming and shook our hands. What an amazing moment it was for me! He was just an ordinary man with an extra-ordinary spirit that was evident in his voice and his demeanor. He had the sweetest smile and such a reverence about him. He was a beloved Prophet of mine and I will miss him immensely, but I know he is with the Lord and with his lovely wife Marjorie! And I look forward to the next great man the the Lord will call as his next Prophet here on earth!
1 comment:
This may be a little sac-religious . . . when I checked your website and saw the title "Rest In Peace." I thought it was for President Hinckley and then it wasn't and I had a good chuckle. So when I checked back and you had mentioned the prophet, I was pleased that he ranks up there with a sexy Hollywooder! :) Love ya, girl!
Post a Comment