Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm Back!!!

I've finally made it back to the land of Blog! What an adventure we've had these past few weeks! We've dealt with a severe case of the runs (me), an asthma attack (Olivia) and a fall of the hotel bed resulting in a bloody nose (Taryn). We're finally in our house and we're just loving it! Here's a brief recap of our last 3 weeks.

We left my mom's house on August 30th and drove about 8hrs to Beau's sister's house in Indiana. We had such a wonderful visit. Olivia was so excited to be able to visit her cousin Abraham (they are 3 mo. apart) and Abraham was equally excited. Olivia spent the 8hr. care ride asking us every 30min. if we were at Abraham's house yet. We thought she might clam up once we actually got there, but not a chance! They played so well together. The girls were so excited to have someone their age to play with and to have age appropriate toys. We took a trip to my brother-in-laws parents farm to see the cows, chickens and turkey's. Taryn was pretty into that. We left the next week for NC and our new home!

Beau had to be back to work on the 6th so we had to stay in a hotel until we could close on the house. The builders were nice enough to let us move in on the 7th even though we couldn't close until the 11th. So for 5 days we ate off of the floor and slept on an air mattress! We did get a refrigerator right way(which I am in love with), and I bought a pot and a pan so I could at least cook. The girls thought it was exciting, but really it was pretty boring times for us. Thank goodness I had the DVD player that kept us a bit occupied. We had no blinds or curtains on the windows so we were living in a fish bowl. I thought it would have been a good time to paint the rooms, but Beau was being a bit superstitious and wouldn't let me paint until we closed, just in case something went wrong! I thought he was being a bit silly at the time, but this turned out to be a bit of a blessing in disguise.

We got our household goods the next day and to our extreme frustration we had a few damaged items. The first thing off of the truck was half of our sectional, it's side was all tore up and a metal thingy was poking out of it. I have to admit that I was a little happy about this! I HATE! my couch, and I was just saying to Beau the day before that I hope it got damaged on the truck. Lucky me! Beau wasn't as thrilled. Anyway the second part of the sectional was brought in and it had mold growing all over it! Yes you read that right MOLD! It was gross. Along with those items they broke a lamp, a mirror, a Christmas ornament, and our washing machine! Not too worry the government will reimburse us for these items and I get to go get a new couch!!! YEAH!!! So that is why it was good we didn't paint, I don't know what our new couch will look like.

We did paint the girls room and I love it! After we first got done painting I wasn't sure that I liked it, but the next morning I decided I really liked it. It's not completely done yet I still need to stencil, but the base color is up. After much discussion with Beau, I decided to keep the baby bedding that I already have so I can paint that room next. The rest of the house will come in time. The kitchen will be the last room I do, simply because I have no idea what in the world I want to do in there.

Anyway here we are! We got cable on tues, internet service yesterday along with blinds on the two big windows. Most of our stuff is put away and we are starting to feel like a normal family again. I have a new Dr. already for me and the girls with appts. next week. I found the library and have been to our new Ward twice. We haven't made any connections yet, but I know that will come in time. Beau is doing well with his new job, somethings don't change no matter where you go and he is adjusting to being 'the boss'. I am adjusting to his new work hrs. which are normal hrs. for most people, but a lot later then I've been used to. He doesn't get home until almost 5pm (when he wasn't on the boat he was home at 2pm). I will start homeschool pre-school with Olivia next week (don't get too excited, I'm only home schooling pre-school).

I will have pictures to post soon. It feels good to be reconnected with the world again! More to come soon.

6 comments:

Evie B. said...

Congratulations - that's so exciting! Can't wait to see pictures!

Heather said...

Yea you got the internet!!! I hope you had a great time hanging out last week! Dan's already been house and job hunting in your area since we've been home!! You never know..... :)

Keep us updated!!

4HessGirls said...

It's so good to see that your back online. I'm glad you made it to your new home safe and sound. Can't wait to see pictures of your new house and all the painting. Congratulations on your very own home. I can't wait until we get to buy our first home.

The Williford Family said...

Listen woman! Beggars can't be choosers! What more do you want?
First pics of the ent. ctr, now the dog...anything else?!?! I hope you know I am just kidding with you. Although I miss you more than you'll ever know, I am very, very happy for you. First you escape from the floating prison and now a new house and whats next but a new baby! You go girl!

all about the girls said...

Woo-hoo! You are finally in your own house!! Awesome, awesome! Can't wait to see some pics, your going to have so much fun decorating!

colds1 said...

So glad you are back! I've missed you and wondered what was up. Congrats on getting into the new house . . . wanna come help me paint mine?