Monday, July 30, 2007

Traveling Gypsies No More....Sort Of

I know I've been a little MIA for awhile, but we are finally settled a bit. I'll give you all a brief run down of our travels this past month.

The movers came on the 28th of June and with a few minor delays and frustrations we left sunny, hot, miserable humidity Florida on the 1st of July. We first headed up to North Carolina to pick out a few things for our house (siding color, carpet color, doors and shutters, and counter tops). I was a little dissapointed with the lack of choices, but I suppose I shouldn't complain at least we got to choose, most house come as is and you don't get a say, so for now I'm happy. I just keep having to remind myself that this is just our first home and not our dream house so there is no need to be so picky just yet :).

After we took care of those things we headed to my mom's in Missouri and stayed there for about 4 days. We then headed off to Utah with a brief stop in Colorado. While in Utah we stayed with Camilla and her husband Brian for a week. They live in Orem. We had a great time visiting with them and Brian's dad took us out to the lake on his boat and we got to play with the wave runners! We had a blast! Olivia wasn't too find of the waverunners, but she enjoyed her time swimming in the dirty water:)! After our stay there we headed up to my brother Paul's house in Layton were we got to meet his wife for the first time. Antonielle, is from Brazil and doesn't speak much English. It was a little difficult to communicate with her as you could imagine, but she is learning very quickly and she is such a sweet girl. I really liked her and I know she will be good for my hard headed, bonehead of a brother!

My mom followed us out a week after we left her house so to attend my other brother Mitchell's sealing in the Logan Temple. It was a great day! My Grandparents, Aunts & Uncles and some cousins came up to attend as well and it was a beautiful time. For those of you who know my brother this was an amazing event that took place. He's had some trying times over the years and for him to be sealed in the Temple was for sure an answer to many prayers. His cute wife Kalena's parents live in Logan and that's where she was born so that's why they picked that particular Temple. Their little 4month old Riker was sealed to them as well and he was so good he didn't make one sound.

After the sealing my family, Paul and Antonielle and Mitchell and his family all headed down to my Dad's in Southern Utah to celebrate his 50th Birthday. This event had been planned for about a year. We had a nice family dinner on Thursday and the next day he was surprised with several of his closest friends. Some that he hadn't seen in 8-10 years. Most of them I hadn't seen in 10-20 years. It was a really nice time I know my dad had a great Birthday.
We left on a sunday headed back up to Salem to my Aunts house and had a family dinner with my Mom's side of the family. My Grandpa makes the BEST enchilada's you've ever had! It is a family tradition of ours and we try to do it at least once when all of the family is around. We stayed until Tuesday the 24th and then headed back to my mom's.

Which is were we are now! I am so glad to not be driving in care! At least me, Olivia and Taryn are here. We had to ship Beau off on the 27th back to Florida to get his car and head to NC to start work on the 1st. It was so sad to send him off, but knowing this will be the last time for us to be apart (for at least 4 years) makes it not so bad. The girls miss him terribly, but mostly they are doing okay. Beau will fly back here and get us when the house is done. That is supposed to be Sept. 1st so keep praying that they will be on schedule!

My pregnancy is going well, I had a Dr. appt today (just some lab work and a 1st visit with the new dr. here) I just saw the nurse. Tomorrow I have another Dr. appt with the actual dr. I am about 19 weeks along and I just felt the baby move last week. That by far is my favorite part of being pregnant. I can't wait to find out what we are having! Hopfully in a week or so. The ultrasound tech is out of the office for the rest of the week:(.

Well there you have it! I will post pictures soon, I need to get them off of my camera and on to my mom's computer and I've just been too lazy to get around to it. I will also try to get pictures of my pregnant belly since everyone seems so interested in seeing it! I don't know why it's not that cute when it's #3! Love to all and I promise pictures soon!

1 comment:

4HessGirls said...

I was excited to hear about your travels. Next time your in Colorado you should give me a call @ 303-693-2503. What did you think of CO? We love it here. That would be great to see you. Cool, it sounds like your new house is coming along good. Can't wait to hear if your having a girl or boy. Glad everything is going good.