What a couple of days we've had here at the Hussey home! While we were at my friends house for Easter dinner. Olivia started having a hard time breathing. She gets this cough every couple of months and so we have taken her to the allergist trying to rule out asthma. She's tested positive for a couple of allergins, molds and dust mites and the cough seemed to be getting better. That was until a few days ago, the cough came back. So at Toni's house the cough was getting worse and she was having to work really hard to breathe. I almost took her to the ER on the way home, but decided that I would take her home, give her, her allergy medication and just keep an eye on her. Well she climbed in her bed when we got home and although she didn't fall asleep she stayed in her bed while Taryn and I played on the floor. Both girls finally fell asleep at around 9pm, but every so often I would hear Olivia cry out. Finally at about 11:30 she sounded really bad and was tossing and turning. So I did what any concerned mom would do. I called my mommy! After she suggested I look a few things up on the internet I decided to take her in. Thanks to my wonderful friend Nayana who still happened to be up at midnight, I found out where the closest hospital was. She came over and picked up Taryn and took her to her house.
When we got to the ER Olivia had thrown up twice(just phlem) and her oxygen levels were at 91% (anything from 96-100% is normal). They gave her a breathing treatment (which was not an easy task) and sent us home with a couple of perscriptions. She did okay through the night, but by the next morning she was struggling again. I called the Peditrician and they told us to go back to the ER, but they sent us to a different hospital. The second hospital was a lot nicer and they took an x-ray of her lungs. Her lungs were clear and her oxygen levels were normal. That was a good thing, but her breathing was still bad so they gave her another breathing treatment. The treatment took right away and she continued to get better. The sent us home with a nebulizer and told me to give her the breathing treatments every six hours.
After the ER visit I had to go collect Taryn from a friends house and take her to the Dr. because she had a mysterious rash all over legs, arms and face. She'd had the rash since Saturday and at first I thought it might be chicken pox. Thank-goodness it wasn't. What it was was hives. So she is on Benedryl and a steroid. She's doing much better today. The rash is gone, but the benedryl keeps her so sleepy. Olivia is also doing well. The breathing treatments are working wonders and she only seems to have a slightly harder time breathing closer to the 6 hour mark. We all had a quiet time here at the house today. I am just so greatful that I have such wonderful friends that have helpped these last few days.
My mom is coming in tomorrow and I am so greatful for that! Beau will be home in two weeks and I am so happy that it is half way through him being gone. Things can only get better right?!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment